Potential Bug in WiFi Driver for Up Core in Ubuntu 16.04

Options
tonez
tonez New Member Posts: 4

I think I may have found a potential bug in the WiFi driver for Up Core in Ubuntu 16.04. I have experienced this and reproduced in 4 Up Cores I own.

What happens:

We have our up cores running for 24hrs a day with a automatic reboot at 1am and a reboot if network connection drops out. After a day or two of use, a reboot causes the WiFi to fails to connect automatically and cannot connect manually. A single force reboot, multiple force reboots or a shutdown is required to fix the issue.

Extra Info:

• Running Ubuntu 16.04
  • SSID is hidden
  • WiFi powersave mode is disabled
  • Running openvpn

Log:

Syslog during boot that shows the firmware halting. We've compared it to a successful boot and the only difference are these lines which suggest its a firmware problem:
NetworkManager[794]: <info> [1540562434.7168] device (wlan0): supplicant interface state: inactive -> scanning
kernel: [ 13.383586] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_hostmail: mailbox indicates firmware halted
kernel: [ 16.096305] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_bus_rxctl: resumed on timeout wpa_supplicant[964]: wlan0: Failed to initiate sched scan

I've attatched the extended syslog.

Kernal Log also shows this:
Oct 27 01:05:53 host-name kernel: [ 331.761018] brcmfmac: brcmf_run_escan: error (-110)
Oct 27 01:05:53 host-name kernel: [ 331.761048] brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_scan: scan error (-110)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

Hi tonez,

Are you using the UP specific kernel and wifi package from the Launchpad PPA described in our wiki?

From the syslog I can see that you are not using our kernel (it is a generic 4.15). What about the WiFI?

Please make sure you follow these steps: https://wiki.up-community.org/Ubuntu

And also install the ampak wifi/bt deb package as described on the same tutorial.