USB Voltage: 4.93V -> normal ?
I'm powering my UP board through the GPIO using an OpenCR board as a PSU. It has a [email protected]4A regulator fed from a LiPo or an AC adapter.
UP board specs says it should run fine even with [email protected]3A, which it actually does BUT I encounter connection stability issues with both the WiFi adapters I could try.
Using a powered hub: I get muuuuch less connection drops.
I investigated on voltages using a simple voltmeter with two probes and an USB voltmeter widget. Here are the results:
- 5.02V out of OpenCR (up board running)
- 5.00V on UP board GPIO powered between pin 4(5V) and 6(GND) (-> 0.02V loss along the tiny cable between the two boards -> very acceptable)
- 5.00V also measured between pin 2 and 6 of OpenCR
- 4.93V on each of the UP board USB ports (only the voltmeter widget is connected to the USB ports)
- I did not check the USB 3.0 OTG connector
Are these results within the acceptable range regarding both the USB 2.0 specifications and the actual performance that can be expected from the UP board ?
- 275 All Categories
- 104 Announcements & News
- 40 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 176 Welcome Developers!
- 49 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 16 Tech Updates
- 278 UP Products
- UP Xtreme i11
- UP Squared 6000
- 27 UP Squared Pro
- 112 UP Xtreme
- 772 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 83 UP Core Plus
- 211 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 39 UP AI Edge
- 207 Starter Kits & Peripheral