Windows Installation Issues

Options
nturrisi
nturrisi New Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I am a student researcher at Boston University, and I am trying to download Windows 10 Pro onto the 4 GB RAM 64 GB eMMC UP Board. In order to perform the installation I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft website onto a flash drive, and booted the board up on the flash drive to install the OS (no product key). The software installed successfully on the first try, but since then I have been receiving WDF_VIOLATION blue screen error messages that will not let me enter into Windows. I can enter into Windows safe mode and have tried identifying problematic drivers but have had no luck. Is this a common problem with UP board, and is there any way I can fix this blue screen error? Thanks for your support.

Comments

• eduncan911
    eduncan911 Administrator, Moderator Posts: 157 admin
    edited October 2018
    Options

@nturrisi said:
    Hi everyone,

I am a student researcher at Boston University, and I am trying to download Windows 10 Pro onto the 4 GB RAM 64 GB eMMC UP Board. In order to perform the installation I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool from the Microsoft website onto a flash drive, and booted the board up on the flash drive to install the OS (no product key). The software installed successfully on the first try, but since then I have been receiving WDF_VIOLATION blue screen error messages that will not let me enter into Windows. I can enter into Windows safe mode and have tried identifying problematic drivers but have had no luck. Is this a common problem with UP board, and is there any way I can fix this blue screen error? Thanks for your support.

Hello and welcome!

In short, Microsoft has confirm a bug within that version of Windows, 1803, and it is said to be fixed in the next Fall release, which is not out just yet.

You can follow the thread starting here: https://forum.up-community.org/discussion/comment/9072/#Comment_9072

Apologies but I'll go ahead and close this thread, so we can stay focused on that one thread above.

Thanks!

Eric Duncan - UP Evangelist - My thoughts are of my own free will

Answered? Please remember to mark the posted answered to highlight it for future visitors!

This discussion has been closed.