UPboard Ubilinux Freezing
OS: ubilinux 4.9.45-ubilinux+
I have 100s of UPBoards deployed remotely i do not have physical access to them.
1. They do not have screens attached to them
2. they are running 24/7
I have had some issues of the devices freezing.
the only way to fix this issue is to hard reset the device (unplugging and plugging back in again)... this is a major problem for me as i cannot gain access to them myself and they should not be freezing like they do..
On problematic devices i have pulled the sys and kernel logs and there is nothing in between the timespan of the device being down.
The last line logged in the Sys log was:
Aug 9 00:17:01 ubilinux CRON: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
and then a complete system crash...
Rough Hardware Info:
1. I am powering the device over the 5V GPIO pin with a UPS designed specifically for the UPBoard...
2. I also am utilizing 2 USB ports (1 for a custom BLE dongle, 2 for a Wifi dongle)
3. I have a Custom PCB attached getting powered by the UPS
4. The Custom PCB Utilizes the C7 10 pin connector to connect to a 3G mini-PCie Telit Cellular module
That is a rough description of the hardware.. and most of the time everything seems fine..
however we do seem to "randomly" get complete OS freezes and the only fix is to recycle the power..
Is there any logs / things you can think of that i can look at to get a better understanding of what the problem is.. or do you have a possible solution that will fix the issue at its core.
This is urgent, as i say i have 100's nearly 1000's of UPboards and they are "randomly" experiencing this issue..