Instability - Power limitation?
I'm using a passive UP board with a Realsense D435 (on the usb3 port), an external HDD (seagate backup plus 2TB - on a usb2 port), and a microphone array (ReSpeaker 7 Mic Array - on a usb 2 port).
The system is based on Ubuntu and records the 3D stream of camera and the audio of the microphone.
A previous setup built using an UP board with a fan, a Realsense ZR300 and a Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB with the same microphone has been used extensively without any problem.
My problem is that the new system is unstable: hanging/freezing, "Frame didn't arrived within 5000" error after a few minutes recording the camera, ethernet connection switching on/off.
I don't know what is going wrong, and I would need ideas:
- Could it be a power draw problem, and how could I diagnose this?
- Is the D435 more power hungry than the ZR300?
- Since the switch from librealsense to librealsense2, the CPU load is very high during recording. Could this be linked to this?
- Could the board itself be faulty? Could the problem with the ethernet port be indicative of power supply issues too? The syslog also contains many "Audio Port: ASoc: no backend DAIs enabled for Audio Port" messages (cf.
- Could there be a temperature problem (core temps are at ~52°C during recording)
Many thanks for any help.
- All Categories
- 105 Announcements & News
- 54 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 185 Welcome Developers!
- 55 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 48 Tech Updates
- 693 UP Products
- 11 UP 7000
- 1 UP Squared i12
- 10 UP Xtreme i12
- 11 UP Squared Pro 7000
- 1 UP Element i12 Edge
- 19 UP Squared V2
- 59 UP 4000
- 24 UP Xtreme i11
- 35 UP Squared 6000
- 60 UP Squared Pro
- 143 UP Xtreme
- 837 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 89 UP Core Plus
- 222 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 44 UP AI Edge
- 216 Starter Kits & Peripheral