USB 3.0 OTG not switching to superspeed

13»

Comments

• Riccardo Lardi
    Riccardo Lardi New Member Posts: 8
    So is it not possible to get USB 3.0 devices to run reliably on the UpBoard currently? This would be breakage of one of its (for some customers "main") selling points...
  • Henrikki Maatta
    Henrikki Maatta New Member Posts: 6
    So is it not possible to get USB 3.0 devices to run reliably on the UpBoard currently? This would be breakage of one of its (for some customers "main") selling points...

This is correct. At least I have been feeling betrayed for months now. And no fixes or interest of any kind in sight.

They can stick their UP board UP their you know what.
  • Marcello
    Marcello New Member Posts: 156
    That's clearly the case I am afraid. In line with that, the inexistent update cycle for the sw. Linux is moving, we are still on an old kernel that most probably will never be updated. The solution is not buying the UP2, given this type of support. Luckily there are alternatives out there.
  • Riccardo Lardi
    That's sad. I have ordered a ODROID XU4 for evaluation. Should get it tomorrow and report about the findings in comparison to the UpBoard.
  • Elie De Brauwer
    Elie De Brauwer New Member Posts: 35
    We shifted to using boundarydevices NitroGen 6X boards based on Freescale/NXP I.MX6, on those we got the MIPI-CSI camera interface working (another issue on the up-board). It only has USB 2.0 ports, but the up-board doesn't do any better.
  • Riccardo Lardi
    After ordering the "official" UpBoard USB3 Micro to USB3 Micro cable from here: http://up-shop.org/up-peripherals/56-usb30-microb-to-microb-cable.html I can confirm that my specific case seems to be fixed now - at least for the moment. Camera stream seems stable now. Although I haven't tested longer than some minutes yet.
  • elatllat
    elatllat New Member Posts: 9
    Anyone with working usb3 + ssd check the speed?

dd if=/dev/zero of=/test/output conv=fdatasync bs=1m count=1k; rm -f /test/output
  • Xeroxr0x
    Xeroxr0x New Member Posts: 1

Has anyone ever got this to work? I have the UP-CHT01 board with the UPC1DM11 firmware running Ubuntu 18.04 on the 4.15.0-34-generic kernel. I've used two generic USB 3.0 cables + adapter to try to connect my USB 3.0 external drive but it doesn't seem to enumerate as a superspeed device. Any pointers?

What I've tried?

• Updating to the latest firmware
    • Updating to the most recent Ubuntu + kernel
    • Swap cables
    • Change PCI mode to ACPI

Thanks!