Having problem with Windows GPIO driver

mh_mansouri
mh_mansouri New Member Posts: 2

I am having problem with windows GPIO driver. I have recently purchased an UP2 board with a BIOS version of 2.18.1263. After installing windows 10 and following drivers installation steps (1 to 6), I have downloaded "SDK for UP_Win10 _1_2017113.zip" from this post and this link, in which I found "Hi-Safe Driver" and "SDK" folders. fter installing the driver, I headed on using the sample projects, extracted and opened "UP-CHT01_WIN_DIO_CS". By solving some initial problem of DLL importing with MSVS2015 (e.g. adding " CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl" at the end of the line), the program ran and showed me the error of "Hardware not ready. Please check BIOS setting" that followed by a gray form, those depicted in pictures 01 and 02. I have changed the BIOS setting as shown in pictures BIOS-01 to BIOS-07 and ran the program but the same error message appeared!
BIOS 01
BIOS 02
BIOS 03
BIOS 04
BIOS 05
BIOS 06
BIOS 07

Best Answers

• mh_mansouri
    mh_mansouri New Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓

Thanks for the reply!
    Now the program works OK.
    With the file I have not seen any API for the SPI. Searching the forum I have found a post in which you said SPI APIs were not developed yet. Regarding the undeniable need of SPI for handling many devices, it would be great if update the users with a time that those APIs will be ready.

Answers