UART/usb2 connector?

DomDom Posts: 6New Member
Hi, what kind of connector is the UART/usb2? Is there a cable available on the shop, or can I make one up from easily available components?

Comments

  • Nicola LunghiNicola Lunghi Posts: 131Emutex mod
    Hi domdom
    you can find it here
    https://up-shop.org/up-peripherals/110-usb-20-pin-header-cable.html

    Regards
    Nicola Lunghi
  • DomDom Posts: 6New Member
    Hi Nicola, thanks for quick response. If I just want to connect the UART (to a flight controller, fairly standard requirement), what is the name of the connector?
  • DomDom Posts: 6New Member
    Perfect, thanks!
  • fnoopfnoop Posts: 26New Member
    Hi, thanks for this info. The connectors are quite difficult to find, at least here in the UK, but rs-online does them:
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-terminal-covers/3116552/
    Got a bag of ten along with bag of pre-crimped wires for a few quid:
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-contacts/3116653/?origin=PSF_435696|acc
  • Thomas HallThomas Hall Posts: 32New Member
    Legendary. Thanks for locating all this, fnoop!
  • Thomas HallThomas Hall Posts: 32New Member
    I made this using the components fnoop recommended and the pinout on the wiki.
    Works perfectly (both ports).
  • Jason SchreiberJason Schreiber Posts: 16New Member
    Hey tommy1273

    Wondering if you were able to use the UART (out of the box?) I've got a couple ??? in my device manager (windows) and the download section on the UP CORE has nothing!

    Cheers
  • Peter BerbecPeter Berbec Posts: 17New Member
    I'm eBaying some connectors. pack of 10 for $7.49 and I'm grabbing some standard motherboard USB headers. Glad to know the ghetto^H^H^H^H^H^H DIY way works. I wouldn't mind paying for the cable from up-shop, but $24 shipping is crazy.
    Why does only China have ePacket?
  • Thomas HallThomas Hall Posts: 32New Member
    prb wrote:
    I'm eBaying some connectors. pack of 10 for $7.49 and I'm grabbing some standard motherboard USB headers. Glad to know the ghetto^H^H^H^H^H^H DIY way works. I wouldn't mind paying for the cable from up-shop, but $24 shipping is crazy.
    Why does only China have ePacket?

    Totally agree, the shipping is killer!! UP's response was "sorry but reasons".
  • Thomas HallThomas Hall Posts: 32New Member
    JasonS wrote:
    Hey tommy1273

    Wondering if you were able to use the UART (out of the box?) I've got a couple ??? in my device manager (windows) and the download section on the UP CORE has nothing!

    Cheers

    I haven't wired this up for UART, but as far as I know, it should work, hardware wise. The wiki has the pinout for adding the UART to this same header. I've never used UART though, so can't help you with the software, sorry :(
  • Peter BerbecPeter Berbec Posts: 17New Member
    Not much they can do about shipping charges in their country. It's just bs the postal laws are rigged in china's favor.
  • Thomas HallThomas Hall Posts: 32New Member
    prb wrote:
    Not much they can do about shipping charges in their country. It's just bs the postal laws are rigged in china's favor.

    Nah but sending Netherlands to UK they charge €15, for a tiny cable! That's just because they use super-dooper Fedex mail. If they just sent it normal mail, it would be about €2, or tracked about €4! But I can't persuade them to do that :(
Sign In or Register to comment.