This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

Buzzing

Options
Anybody else get a very faint high pitched "buzz" a lot like a tiny nat buzzing around, when their up2 is on?

There's also a tiny clicking sound that seems to happen every second or so. It's really faint and I only noticed today whilst I was working with it (to try and fix the graphics issues) without the telly on, but took me by surprise as there's no moving parts and it's quite noticeable.

Comments

• Raymond Day
    Raymond Day New Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Yes I can hear it too. Have to get real close to it. I guess it's the heat sink buzzing. I did it when I tested the speed of it and the heat sink for super hot with out a fan.

-Raymond Day
  • WereCatf
    WereCatf New Member Posts: 201
    Options
    The buzzing sound could come from a coil and if it does, it's nothing to worry about. It may be a tad annoying, but coils just tend to do that, especially cheaper ones. I can't say about the clicking sound, though. I suppose it could be the heatsink expanding/retracting with temperature-fluctuations, but I dunno; does the clicking sound still happen, if you let the board sit totally idle for, say, 5 or 10 minutes and if so, does it start to happen again when you're actually running something?