The upboard can't run using mobile power bank

aaron
aaron New Member Posts: 3
edited May 2017 in Peripherals
Hello everyone,

I have a problem about my upboard.
My upboard is already install the unbuntu. It's kernel already change to upboard kernel too.
I want to use the mobile power bank (output:5V/2A) to run the upboard.
But it can not run. it is not success to enter the os. It always reboot all the time when I use the mobile power bank.

Can anyone see what might be going wrong? I would greatly appreciate anyones help with this!

Thanks,

Oowe

Comments

• aaron
    oowe wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I have a problem about my upboard.
    My upboard is already install the unbuntu. It's kernel already change to upboard kernel too.
    I want to use the mobile power bank (output:5V/2A) to run the upboard.
    But it can not run. it is not success to enter the os. It always reboot all the time when I use the mobile power bank.

Can anyone see what might be going wrong? I would greatly appreciate anyones help with this!

Thanks,

Oowe
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi oowe,

Are you using the power banks to recharge your mobile phone? If so please do not do it or you may seriously damage the board!

Those power banks are not intended to power an embedded system but only to charge other batteries.
    As your UP Board may require more than 2A during boot or in other moments, the battery will try to give that power lowering the Voltage at dangerous levels for the board circuitry.

If you want to use a battery, please make sure you buy a proper one which can sustain at least 3A at 5V and that is intended for the use as PSU battery and not as a charger.
  • aaron
    Hi Dcleri,

It's good for me, thanks for your help.