Unable to install Ubuntu

Options
Riccardo
Riccardo New Member Posts: 5
Hi guys,

I have been reading all around about this problem I am facing when I try to install the latest Ubuntu 16.04 or either the older 14.04.

efi: requested map not found.
esrt: ESRT header is not in the memory map.
i8042: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042

I have read the usefull guide here: https://up-community.org/forum/public-otheros/951-solved-unable-to-install-ubuntu and with some minor modifications on the procedure all seems to work but when I reboot same problem and the upboard stucks in a black screen.

Here is what I am doing step by step:

1. Create the Ubuntu Image using rufus with ubuntu-16.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso
-Partition scheme MBR for UEFI.
-DD Write mode
2. From Splash Screen I launch the F7 to boot from USB and launch the Ubuntu installation pressing the SHIFT button to enter the "advanced settings" and the edit the Grub with quiet splash nomodeset line.
3. I let the installation go through and then I update the GRUB.

I can get the Ubuntu running the first time and then Crash on black screen.

I will try to post a more detailed procedure next. I have the same crash problem on Ubilinux as well.

What I am asking is how I can get Ubilinux or either Ubuntu working without such problems and what are those problems caused by.
FYI, I am facing almost the same:
efi: requested map not found.
esrt: ESRT header is not in the memory map.
i8042: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042

also on Ubilinux but with more lines of error!

The only OS I can set up and run with no problem is Win10 with its installation procedure by Microsoft.

Please help before I throw away this UpBoard!

Comments

• Riccardo
    Riccardo New Member Posts: 5
    Options
    DANG GUYS!

Problem solved! For Your Information this is what happened:

I purchased an UpBoard 2/32 with the recommended 10.1" screen connected via MIPI-DSI.
    To make it run you have to enable it from the BIOS under the "Northern Bridge" menu.

Then I tested the UpBoard using a HDMI cable on a standard PC Monitor and...

BE AWARE IF YOU CONNECT YOUR UpBoard USING THE HDMI CABLE TO AN EXTERNAL SCREEN MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE THE MIPI-DSI OUTPUT!

The side effect if that Ubilinux and Ubuntu will become unstable close to unusable!

Manufacturers should take this tip into account to notify the user or either fix the issue.

I hope this helped...
  • lumani12
    lumani12 New Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I am unable to install mysql-server on my ubuntu 9.10 server machine. ... server mysqld [fail] invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.