Kodi Crash on video issue

Mircea BogdanMircea Bogdan New Member Posts: 15
I have installed Kodi media player on my up board (4gb Ram version).

Ubilinux is up to date, no more problems there ( old issue of read-only emmc state seems solved).

My problem now is that Kodi will randomly crash while trying to play a video. In the generated crash log I can't find any clues about what is going on. Are there any specific settings I should be aware of ?

Comments

• Mircea BogdanMircea Bogdan New Member Posts: 15
    update: I run the same set-up on a Raspberry board, it has never crashed.

On upboard it will run for a few hours (2-8h), then crash. I tried other upBoards, same problem.

I tried same setup on Ubuntu 14 and it crashed here too.
    I have uploaded this crashlog, maybe someone can debug the problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztWJzERiuxUNEUxbWc1UGVtV2M/view
  • DCleriDCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 573 admin
    edited March 2017
    Hi mirceaciu,

Which Kodi version (and from what source) are you running on ubilinux?

Which video are causing the crashes? Encoded format information might be useful.
    I've installed Kodi 16, from team-xbmc's repo, trough apt-get, as documente here http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

Videos are encoded in h264. Thing is I am running my own addon in which I'm playing and saving run times for videos in a MariaDb database. First I though that there might be a problem with the database, but I monitored it and I haven't observed any memory leaks. I will try running the procedure without accessing MariaDb, see if Kodi still crashes.
    I removed MariaBd from the equation, Kodi still crashed. I will make Kodi run a video over and over again, see what happens then
    update: I made Kodi play over and over the same video. It only lasted 4 hours before it crashed :(
  • Stefan SmietanowskiStefan Smietanowski New Member Posts: 39
    What are the temps at the point of crashing?
    I'll write some code to log temperatures