EDP Lane?

Ricky Seng
Ricky Seng New Member Posts: 3
I'm planning out a 3 screen 4k monitor laptop build but, I'm unsure of of how many pins on the EDP connector my LCD should have; should it be a 2-lane edp connector with 30 pins or a 4-lane EDP connector with 40 pins? I've looked on the on the block diagram and it says that its a 41 pin? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Yes, we chose a 41-pin connector. We will release pin definition once UP Squared comes to mass production. You may need to have a custom eDP cable for it. We are considering to sell eDP cable at UP SHOP as well. :-)
  • Ricky Seng
    Please sell that item on the shop. Any user who is planning to incorporate a screen into their build would greatly appreciate knowing that they're working with the correct hardware.
  • Ricky Seng
    i think what you actually meant is a 41 pin LVDS, not EDP. WOuld it be possible to carry so type of converter for
    EDP 4-lane(40 pin) and 2 lane EDP 2-lane(30 pin) to LVDS 41 pin. That would be most convenient as many of the higher resolution 4k lcd panels I was able to source have a EDP 4-lane interface.
  • Michael Miller
    Michael Miller New Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2017
    No, my understanding is Apollo Lake has a native eDP interface and they are bringing that out to the 41 pin connector, not LVDS (LVDS would require additional hardware). Though I can't find any info as to how many lanes the eDP interface on the Apollo Lake has.

EDIT: I am thinking it is a dual lane interface since some Apollo lake SBC's I have seen feature "eDP/24-bit dual channel LVDS".
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    I hope below information will be helpful.
    Please find here for block diagram. HDMI, DP and eDP are all directly from SoC.
    me7coxA.png
    Here is pin definition of eDP
    8rjWdeK.png
  • Michael Miller
    Michael Miller New Member Posts: 95
    Ahh, so it is 4 lane, good.
  • wez
    wez New Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2018

Is there a source for 41 to 40 pin cables? Also, is there a part number for the connector that mates with the board?

• Bobbyrob
    Bobbyrob New Member Posts: 6

Can somebody please confirm that the UP Squared board uses a 41 pin eDP connector, and if it does, where there is a reliable source for 41-40 pin cables or adapters?

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin

Hi @Bobbyrob ,

You can find the UP Squared Board document with connectors description from page 9 here it is a 40 pin connector.