Raspberry Pi camera with Windows 10 on UP board ?

Martin Mayr
Martin Mayr New Member Posts: 54
Hello,

is it possible to use the raspberry Pi camera on the Up Board under Windows 10 ?

Is it possible to use the GPIO pins under windows 10 - libraries required ?

Best regards

Martin

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Hi Martin,

UP board has different pin definition, which is followed Intel's definition; therefore Raspberry Pi CSI camera will not be compatible.
    We are in the process to qualify CSI camera from Chicony. Once it is ready, we will sell at UP shop.

If you want to make preliminary study, here are part number.
    CIFGF1820005190LH ==> for UP & UP Squared
    CJAG82420005190LH ==> for UP Squared

At this moment, we don't have Windows driver for GPIO, but we have SDK. You can check download section.

Cheers
  • Martin Mayr
    Thanks I have allready ordered one to do some tests with it as soon as I receive it ....
    For the camera : if the pinout is different is there an adapter possible to adopt the pi camera (which has a good 8 MP chip of sony and which is quite cheep and I have allready designed some other material around it ....)
    So maybe if you can provide me the pinout of the CSI Connector of your board I can compare with the RPi board and then its just a question of using a general purpose driver for any camera ?
    Best regards
    Martin
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    You can find CSI pin definition here https://up-community.org/downloads/documentation/documentation-documentation-up-cht01-a10-connector-description.
    Driver could be an issue , and also compatibility. That's why we decide to follow Intel's approved compoent list.
  • Martin Mayr
    Hello,

I checked with the part numbers and couldn't find anything about it on the net... do you have any link ?

The other question about the Raspberry Interface CSI is surprising to me, that this would be incompatible with the CSI Interface on the UP board, as far as we reroute the pins to the correct pins is this enough to get it work on the UP board ? But what driver or software interface exist actually for what kind of CSI camera with the Up board ? Sorry but the differences between the CSI interfaces except of pinout are not yet very clear to me, as I understand there are 4 lane and 2 lane interfaces which are just different in the number of data lanes (and so with the transfer speed).

What are the delays you plan to integrate the CSI cameras and to put them in the Shop ? And what are the actual working functionalities and what are the non working issues ?

We mainly seek for Embedded Vision through the UP board, so the camera interface would be a great PLUS.

Otherwise as soon as I get the board I will make tests with GigE and USB2 and USB3 cameras ...

Best regards

Martin