This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

Serial Voltage Regulator

Hi, I have a problem with an up-board and I hope you can help me.
The voltage regulator of the USB port has jumped due to an overload of the power supply.
I'm looking for the serial to replace on the pcb and online I could not find anything.

Thank you

Comments

• Troy Lin
    Troy Lin Guest Posts: 33 ✭✭

Hi Luca,

I guess you plug in a wrong power supply? If it is not 5V, the UP board will get burnt and none repairable. You should be able to find a serial number label sticker on the USB port.

• Luca
    Luca New Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2018

The voltage of my power supply due to breakdown has risen to 8v by blowing up the regulator. I wanted to try and replace the component

I have a second upboard but I can not understand the type of voltage regulator to be resold on the pcb

• Troy Lin
    Troy Lin Guest Posts: 33 ✭✭

Hi Luca,

Unfortunately if the UP board got more than 5V it will get burnt and the PCB trace will get damanged beyond repair. UP2 and UP-core has OCP so it will not get burnt like the UP board.
    You can still try to repair it by replacing the burnt component but the chance is very slim that it can be fixed.
    The component in U32 location is High-Side Power Switch.w/Flag.2A.SOT23-5.SMD.RICHTEK.RT9742CGJ5

• Luca
    Luca New Member Posts: 8

Thanks Troy Lin.
    From what I see at least externally the tracks seem to me intact, more 'than anything else I'm afraid that the processor has been burned. By chance, do you know if the tension comes to him directly?

• GerardBonavida
    GerardBonavida New Member Posts: 2

Hi Luca,

Can you replace the component and solve the problem?
    If you don't use this port (USB), can you remove the burnt component and don't replace it?
    In my case, the damage component is under usb type A. I think that the number is U60, the same that U32.

• GerardBonavida
    GerardBonavida New Member Posts: 2

Finally, I remove the component and don't replace it.
    I connect with the 5V charger and in 3 seconds burn another regulator, specifically the number U32.
    My recomendation is not replace the damage component because you will spend time and money.
    Unfortunately buy another UP board :(