New Challenge: What is UP 7000 perfect for?

DeliaSirghie
DeliaSirghie Administrator, AAEON Posts: 31 admin

Hi everyone,

It's time for a new challenge. Are you ready?

We want to know: How are YOU using the UP 7000 Board or UP 7000 System? Whether you’ve already built something or just have an exciting idea, this is your chance to share it with us and the community.

The Challenge:

We’re inviting everyone to showcase their projects and ideas using the UP 7000 Board or UP 7000 System. Do you already have a project or are you working on one? We’d love to see it—especially if you can share some photos. Even if you don’t have the board, feel free to join in by sharing your creative ideas for how it could be used.

Why We Want to Hear from You:

We’re eager to see what our community is building with the UP 7000. Your projects could inspire others and help us understand the amazing ways this board is being used. Whether it’s for gaming, AI, home automation, or something unique, we’re all about hearing your real-world applications.

Get to Know the UP 7000:

Examples of What Others Are Doing:

NicoD's SBCs used the UP 7000 Board to play video games. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YbHAblcQrk

Did you consider using the UP 7000 for playing video games? What would you play on it?

Special Prize for the Most Creative Projects and Ideas:

Whether you're sharing an actual project or just an idea, we’ll be rewarding the most creative entries with a special prize! Don't miss this opportunity.

How to Participate:

1. Tell us what you're using the UP 7000 for or share your idea for how it could be used in the comments below.

2. Post photos if you have an actual project—seeing your creations in action is a bonus.

3. Be creative! We want to see everything from real-world projects to incredible ideas.

Let’s show off the power of the UP 7000 together!

Tagged:

Comments

• MobileJAD
    MobileJAD New Member Posts: 2

I personally have been wanting to build a home router and media server using a flavor of Linux such as Ubuntu or Debian. Right now I only have space for one large desktop and little room for other computers in my workspace, I have owned a Raspberry Pi in the past, but haven't been very keen in what ARM has to offer vs a full blown X86 system and have never liked the idea of using Micro SD cards for running my system.
    64GB of eMMC storage is plenty of room to install a Linux system on and have lots of space leftover for additional apps and even some space for a media share, but since it includes USB 3.2 Gen 2 connectivity, I am sure in thanks to the Intel chipset included, that gives more than enough speed for a high end and spacious SSD for storing all sorts of media. I could use such a setup for storing videos recorded during adventures in the great outdoors!
    What I do like about the UP 7000 is with having up to a quad core Intel processor and up to 8GB of ram, is that if I do build a router out of one, is that I have some processing power left over to let it run Folding@Home or BOINC workloads to help out the medical and scientific community. I do like having the built in eMMC chips which has more durability in design over using a Micro SD chip reader, which I had issues with on my old Raspberry Pi. I also do like having a DC barrel jack for power over a USB-C port, they have just felt more reliable given how cheaply made a lot of phone accessories have been in recent years.

• DeliaSirghie

That's a great idea, @MobileJAD :smiley: Have you started working on this project?

• MobileJAD
    MobileJAD New Member Posts: 2

@DeliaSirghie said:
    That's a great idea, @MobileJAD :smiley: Have you started working on this project?

I have, using an older SBC, but it might take me awhile to complete it.

• DeliaSirghie

Keep us updated on your project, @MobileJAD. We'd love to see it!

Privacy Policy