Need Help with Ethernet Adapters on UP Community Forum

ChARLIEK
ChARLIEK New Member Posts: 6

Hey Everyone!

I hope this message finds you well. I've been encountering some issues with my Ethernet adapters and thought I'd reach out to this knowledgeable community for some assistance.

Issue:
Recently, I've been experiencing intermittent connectivity problems with my Ethernet adapter. It was working fine until a few days ago, and now I'm facing disruptions in my network connection.

Setup:
I'm using the UP Squared board (version 2.0) and have a standard Ethernet adapter connected. I've checked my cables, restarted my router, and even tried a different Ethernet port, but the issue persists.

Symptoms:
Connection drops randomly.
Inconsistent download/upload speeds.
Sometimes, the connection is lost entirely and requires a reboot.
Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Checked cables and connections.
Restarted router and modem.
Tried a different Ethernet port on the UP board.
Updated network drivers using the latest version available on the official UP Community website.
Despite these efforts, the problem lingers. I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or a software/driver problem.

Request for Assistance:
If anyone has faced similar issues with the UP Squared board or has expertise in troubleshooting Ethernet adapters, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Are there specific logs or diagnostic tools I should be using? Any recommended steps I might have missed?

I'm eager to get this sorted out, as a stable Ethernet connection is crucial for my work. Your guidance could make a significant difference, and I'm grateful for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Best regards,